Friday, October 28, 2005

Now where was I

After lunch we do the exhibition I was impressed - Jean more so I think. Then its off to find the bottom of Hope Street and a steady tramp to find the elusive but much sought Mussel Inn. Mission accomplished and we plan to take our evening meal there. The along Hope Street to Sauciehall Street left and then a further charlie experience at the willow tea rooms. I hit the darjeeling, jean the green stuff and ally ice cream milk shake lime flavour.Girls adjourn to the hotel I tramp along Sauciehall street toy with the fusiliers museum. Put off to be honest by the ex fusiliers who have been left to run the gaff, also seems heavily into recruiting. Worried that I'll be press ganged and wake up in three weeks in a chinook flying to Iraq - no Ta. I trot away up Bath street and enjoy the sights. Down to Buchanan Street and in to Sainsburs back to hotel. Nice trot ina very sunny day.
Girls ready we away to hope street for the mussell inn. I go for king scallops wrapped in Bacon and skewered served with creamed cabbage and crispy new spuds. Jean a mixed platter of of queenies and mussels, Ally does a kilo pot of mussels bloody marvellous, I was well impressed, we all were. Then its back to the car pass a wink at the pot still which comes recommended by uncle Johnnie, a look at the website reveals why. he is a malt whiskey monster. I may have to take a dram in there at some point. Then its off out on the M8 to Linwood to meet Fi and Auds at the Bobbin Inn. its a wacky shitehouse chain sort of place. Still we are with good friends and would have a good time in an empty house. Drive back stow the car and its back to the hotel. Ally sufs Jean and I take a couple in the bar and off to bed.
I awake early leave the girls kipping and nip down to breakfast. Well coffee juice and half a croissant. I book some tickets for the theatre, Twelfth night no less starring Matthew kelly, at the theatre royal.Looking for a review reveals this scared I am becoming a culture vulture.More scared when I trot out to ottakars to buy the rough guide to Shakespeare and a study guide.

No comments: