Friday, October 07, 2005

In the Royal again.

I am sitting in the coffee shop of the Royal Liverpoll Hospital. Jeans gone to visit her mum in the obs ward. She was admitted with some of infection in her left leg. I have been elected to read the grauniad drink coffee and blog. I picked up the paper in the hospital WHSmith. Read it thoroughly and enjoy an excellent piece of invective about the current state of the NHS by Polly Toynbee. Also a great piece in the comic about living on the Tesco world.
Thursday was a funny old day started well with lunch at the Tai Pan with Kim who is looking well. The Dim Sum was excellent. Then it was home to the discovery that bea (jans ma) had been admitted. Then its off to Regatta Place for my meeting with Phil Wadeson Joe Hill and Maria Bryant - Jean comes too.
The comedy starts with the embryonic security guard who says Maria Bryant isn't in the building. It turns into a comedy sketch brian rix security services. Big Ron Morley saves the day. Then Joe Hill arrives. Maria jean and I have a pre-meet. Then we have a pre-meet with Joe and then we meet with Phil. Both Phil and Joe are good guys and do me proud. Terminating a senior manager could be awkward for both of them but they do the job well. Have to confess I either didn't take it or understand what exactly is happening. It seems that as of tomorrow I am back on full pay on holiday and then my contract will run out on 7th November. Pension starts the next day. Good result M+S voucher to boot. Happy days. Weird feeling though I pop into library on way.

No comments: