Monday, May 03, 2004

Bank Holiday Morning

Its a day off which is nice. I am determined to box a few jobs today. Jean is off to the garden centre place and bloggin, inbox and a bit of work are on my list.
So going back intime.

Friday. Wedding Anniversary 16 years.
Start the day dropping into the matchworks, then straight out to Speke Health centre. I am off to see Karen a school nurse with technology troubles. She tripped veronica the wink and I am released to problem solve. Karen works for North Liverpool PCT - I loked for a link but couldnt find one Google brings back Which points you to a 404 error she is based in a Glad to say number one in a south liverpool pct search site and needs to access systems in here - alder hey .com whats that about via systems based in here. Words like access and firewall scare me - heaven help the user. All she knows is she cant do her job and it is getting on her pip seems fair comment to me. Still the 14 months she has been going on about it sounds fair comment. I am relieved that I am able to find the SLPCT website through Google. Seems a fairly fundamental priciple to me. Anyway it isnt going to be easy. Also meet a lady who needs a larger mouse cursor. Interesting one I shall investigate. Then back to the works the off to Hammy. Brian needs to fiddle with my laptop to enable VPN access to NHS net ...nice. I make his day by informing him of the the upgrade of telewest to 3 megs- poor soul lives in a non telewest area. I do some useful liason stuff. Plus a walk to out to lunch (no website - yet) with Tony sad fella still reads the blog so better mention him (just joking mate). Some very drugged up chaps enter and scare the life out of me.I am sputtering from just the weed residue on their clothing. last time I felt like that was Bob Marley 1977 stafford. I score a prawn sandwich and its back to his office. I notice the library is shut for business and the entire worls seems tobe shutting down early for the holiday weekend.
Ally irritates by scooting off to her mates straight from school and causes a rethink of plans. Still nothing insurmountable - I pick her up drop her off and Tesco.
Score some flowers wine chocs (Gordon Ramsay - crap dont bother). Thought I liked him but dont.
Mickey and Jane top friends and off to the Patio. Lovely gaff - drinks and in for a meal thre types of each colour house wine - that impressed me.
So the order
Jane.
Grilled Feta Cheese
Stuffed chicken thing on a delicious creamyspud gratin cake thing
Jean
Kippers
Then seafood casserole in the biggest bowl I have ever seen
Mick
Black pud and Chorizo
Sea Bass
Me
Panfried scallops on dulce
selection of prawns creamy mustard, sweet chilli, grilled in coats, garlic butter I share em out they is tops.
Pretty boring veg I dont bother with
Puds Jean has creme brulee which is a League thing - don't ask if you dont know you'll never get it.

Back to ours watch dvds in the background and me and mick pomp, Jane talks sense and jean snoozes occaisionally surfacing for a bryan ferry moment.
Go to bed far too late.

Saturday
Get up feel tired wonder why. I go to Old Swan to sort out Banking business. The lady is worried that someone has nicked me identity to apply for credit cards and tells me to contact These guys Lisa at Old Swan is very helpful. Go pick ally up go to recce the crem mum is upset coz me dads memorial has been evicted. needs sorting. Sort out where Nannie is going. Take mum back to tesco then ours for lunch. She scoots to Allerton road to check out a holiday.
The girls get off to speke for a shopping fest. I mess about. Wireless network upgrade imminent feeling. Buy a computer magazine to investigate. Perform shuttle diplomact and hegotiations to increase staffing and firm up structure at The homestead Chill in the evening and consider resurrection of media server ideas.

Sunday
Media server concept now upgraded to include pocket PC's how cool is that. Foxed only by lack of media player on pocket pc DOH! Off to Ruth and Pauls for delicious lunch, back via mums. Do 3g field trials and frankly a bit dissapointed. needs further investigation. Do discover wopping big 802 source in our area. Interesting. Install Net Stumber and plan an undercover of darkness recce. Sad or what.
Announce the appt of Babs Glenn Pip and Vineeta to the team at WLSINFO.
Watch League of Gentlemen christmas special DVD still seeing things we missed the first 43 times we watched it.

No comments: