Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Perioperative visit

Well i am dead impressed, one of the sisters from critical care has just be=
en to see me. she spent 20 mins going over post op stuff. She told me about=
the tubes i would have drips,arterial line,catheter,ecg pads, oxygen mask =
and monitor,nasogastric tube. They dont give patient controlled analgesia(p=
ain relief) the gas man prefers you to be awake and ask for it. They will g=
et me up on thursday am with the fizzioterrorist who will get me coughing.=
Getting up early is key to preventing clots. She said it was a noisy place =
with lights. She said I can have my glasses as soon as i wake. Good coz I g=
et more paranoid when i cant see. she asked me did i want to go for a tour =
of the unit. I declined and had tea and toast. i will be fasting from midni=
ght coz at this stage they dont know what time I am going to theatre. The w=
ound will be closed with staples and wont leave much of a scar (shucks). Sh=
e was really sensitive and caring I am dead impressed. No watching losy fil=
m till night pills come

No comments: