Sunday, September 22, 2002

The girls came back, and Jean went off to Tesco for some essentials. On her return she got me a drink of milk. Usually served as a meal, I thought it would be a good idea to keep my protein levels up. (We are only talking 20mls of semi-skimmed BTW). About an hour later I had my meal, liquidised steak and gravy and mashed potato (two tablespoons in all). It went down fine and I snuck off into the garden while the girls finished their meals. Once outside I was crippled by abdominal pains, radiating from the centre of my belly up to the tips of my shoulder blades. I couldn't breath properly and thought I was about to croak. DETAIL ALERT :- THE SQUEAMISH SHOULD SWITCH OFF. I threw up on the patio, nothing to do with what I'd eat but clear viscous liquid and a large bubble????????? What's happening here, panic sets in. I was going to the door when Jean came out. She saw my obvious distress and sat me down, we talked about what to do when things block, sips of water they say. I tried it and it worked, I vomited twice and felt heaps better. Relieved that what came up looked like something I had eaten as well. That episode had me scared.

No comments: