Friday, June 30, 2006

Hot wet sir!

The day starts with a mad rush to get ready for filming and holidays. Rachel and Ian arrive only 20 mins late. First shots its off with cardboard Ken in the garden. Then its sat down pretending to be on a computer. Then pretending to be on the telephone. Then its off to the gym. First off on the rowing machine followed by the treadmill. Then on the bike some dumbell work then rachel asking me about the importance of exercise.
Sorted out the AGM and the north west support group. Then its back home for the food sequences. We talk about meal size preop. We talk about the lack of breakfast preop. Then its cutting up a lasagne (or lorenzo) as me mam calls it. I have to hold it in the right hand whilst spooning it into a rammekin with my right hand. Rachel was lucky she didn't get covered in mince and bechamel. My tremor behaved itself and it got mostly in the pot by the third take. The title of this post was an homage to the phrase "hot wet sir!". Which we heard in a documentary about the parachute regiment. Ian was an officer in the paras - interesting bloke.
Glad its done and hugs and goodbyes. Then jean tries to grab a snooze she's been mad busy packing. I am off to the top in search of soapboxes, congratulations cards and something else which I forgot. Got me driving licence fotos done too. That post office needs an entry of its own. But it is not for today I fear.
After much mp3 player trauma. In a nutshell Allys creative notpod wasn't expected to arrive till next week so I bought me a Ipod Nano which she could have a loan of. Then her creative kit arrived today. Bad news screen corrupted. Bad news Ipod not charged. Good news dad steps in with my portable DAB and mp3 player swoop in to 1gig sd card from my IPAQ.
Off we go the heaviest traffic at the fiveways ever forgotten Allys fone charger so home again
On the way I am checking my RAC cover your not in tells laddie from Essex he gives me warranty number and yes I am covered by that she helpfully gives me the sales number. I try to join via the nice lady who sounds shocked coz I am already a full member. A fact which becomes important later.
Fine until just before thelwall viaduct. Strange noise and judder so its over to the hard shoulder. Use the emergency fone and follow the instructions. Wait about 20 mins for RAC. Top fella arrives. Takes us to Lymm services car park. Takes me for a razz ride. He can't see a problem fair comment top geezer from Warrington. Then its off. I take his pic. On the road traffic pants but radio good. Pm news then armando Iannucci good stuff.

No comments: