Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thursday

Went to the Royal - care consistent low standard. Plaster removed and wrong xrays looked at and doctor chooses not to listen to my pointing that out. Suppose he isnt conditioned for the average punter to realise there are three views only one of which is looking at the two which dont show. He doesnt grasp that I realise that there are no fractures in those view. Show he examines my head CT says a load of wire in my nut and classes me under loony/retard. Conversation over come back in three weeks. The sister takes me round to the physio where a very important presentation is about to start (aka free lunch). The physio assess me in the waiting area begrudgingly. waves her hand like ted rogers and says can you do this, impersonate a crocodile and make a rude gesture with wrist. OK keep doing it and I'll send you an appointment when I can. I feel shafted by the NHS - not new there then. Same day G2 in the guardian are asking 50 people about their day working in the NHS - politicians say its great, GPs say its ok here when there are no PCT people, PCT people wonder how the world functions without them and clinicians struggle.
Tired.
Off to Heathcotes for a top meal in the evening.
We start with Potted kipper paté, sour cream & malted Guinness loaf for Jean and Organic Smoked Salmon and horseradish cream for me.
For mains Jean does Roasted chump of fell bred lamb, with potato and cheese pan haggerty and I plump for a heavily pregnant Whole grilled plaice, parsley butter & new potatoes, wedge of lemon. Not sure about eating the roe so I do and its good. We wash it down with one of Mr Heathcotes selections, 31 Brampton Old Vines Red, Stellenbosch 2002/03 full, ripe wine, rich meaty palate.
Pud is easy Vanilla bean ice cream & Pedro Ximenez aged caramelised sherry and an espresso over the top for me.
TOP service top food and an ambience and welcome that surpassed its usual high standards.

No comments: