Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tuesday and its Fyne.

The week seems to be getting into a pattern. I wake and go for a walk, the girls catch me up. And rise at their leisure. Jean is up before I go out today. I recycle the tins and bottles in the eco friendly car park then its off to the millenium forest trail. It shares part of its route with the west highland way and promises 45 mins of a mile with great views and an activity sheet (available from easter to october at the ranger hut). It kicks off through the forest and the crosses the road and takes a different and thankfully easier route up craigie fort. Peace disturbed by the police helicopter and a wee man using a powered wheelbarrow with tank style tractor tracks. Funky I watch him effortlessly guide his barra up the hill. A leisurely strolll back and I remove my jacket to sit in the sun and relax. Ten blissfull minutes tilll some english toff and his poor wife who only had her eyes revealed (more through fear of cold than religious belief I think) come loudly pronouncin!
g how peaceful it is. The fail to see me and the robin on the bin next to me enjoying the sun. Not a soul in siight says he. Morning says I haha.
Then peace shattered I wander round to the bay and turn on the speed for home.
Arrive home girls nearly ready I enjoy water coffee and angel cake. We head off on the road. Through balloch then head north for tarbet straight and through Arrochar, round Loch Long, Ardgartan and then up Glen Croe to "rest and be thankful" a truly beuatiful view down the glen. Amazed by the couple of pensioners who are sat at apicnic table eating lunch in this icy wind. Jealous of white van man who is eating his butties looking down at a great view. Along Glen Kinlass to Ardkinglas looking over Loch Fyne then to Clachan Baeg for our lunch. Sounds dull but I know its the home of Loch Fyne oysters.
Loch Fyne Oyster bar. Its chocca. They advise its a half hour wait so we can browse the gift shop flower shop and caff. Then we get in I have a pint of the local brewerys golden piper. Ally starts with queen scallops with garlic butter, jean has four types of herring, and I 4 types of smoked salmon. (Ordinary, strong cure, roast smoked and gravad lax). Mains were a big choice ally went for garlic herb and tomqato, jean for salmon and cucumber sauce with red onion and tomato side salad. I had originally planned for a king scallop number but they had finished. So I was drawn and guided to the special deep fried haddock in batter. It was divine. Fish and chips will forever be judged by this though to be fair the chips weren't special. No puds needed and its off to the journey home. Same route different views. We see some awesome weather come down benlomond and empty itself on us. Back to balloch to the co op and we get the call that colin and hannah have arrived. We tootle roun!
d and meet up soonish. Fine tea of chilli imported from england and then odd the oak tree for a pint or two and a dram. Nice.

No comments: