Monday, February 20, 2006

Glasgow monday

I started the day early, put my boots and coat on and started a climb up conic hill. It was gorgeous and the sun came out once I was though the tree line. I was knackkered and had to stop and sit at a stile. A young lady with a dog came by she looked far more comfortable than me. Some work needed in gym me thinks. I enjoyed it had a rest at the top of a steep set of stairs. I sat and took in the view and listened to the birds. I gingerly started down the precarioius steps feared for my safety but overcoming it by the fear of stayimng where I was. A babbling brook accompanied the path for most of the way, in a tree a bird was sounding alarm pretty and a member of rthe tit family is about as good as my recognition skills go. I sat by the stile once again enjoying the rays. Was happy as a sandboy till some old fella come wanting a chat so I chugged down. Felt like Bonnington just descending Everest. Chirpily engaged the two couples I met breathing heavily on the ascent. I expec!
t my legs will ache tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kieran said...

I'm sure you'd be telling me to watch the geekdom by now. Sounds like you're having fun and it is a top part of the world to be in. Enjoy.