Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday

Fiona went during a wee shower. I picked up the pocket pc from the car and discover another geek cock up. Brought power lead for pocket pc but no cradle so can't charge the thing. Bang go my plans for editing shots and gps bugger bugger bugger.
Jean and I take a walk up the hill. We are well wrapped up but clearly my cardiovascular fitness has detirated since last I was here. Stiull we make it to the top and the views are superb. Just watching corrie and can't believe Craig Charles and Tony Slattery are in it. Still it did gandalf no harm. The view is breathtaking and the peaceful atmosphere and brisk air do us both good. Then its down the other side and. I take snaps of the roots of falling trees. Then its down to the shingly shore and back round to Balmaha. We sit in the sun with our coats off. Back to the house and chilll. I then scoot off to the shop at drymen. Its a spar, staffed by three youngsters the woman is the brightest. To get power here you hand in a credit card thing and they give you wee card you insert and extract at a constant rate from the meter. I buy a bottle of chilean cab mainly cause its wearing a knitted jacket. I then have a wander round drymmen and then back to balmaha. I arrive and th!
e light looks promising. So I nip over the hill to a bay. The one I had in mind says the car parl shuts at 4.30 and its 5. I saw another candidate so turn round and hunt for that other likely location. I find a spot complete with burnt out van. It comes with a couple of swans I thinlk I get a couple of good shots. Then its back to the house. Jean has kipped we are all clean and then off to the oak tree inn for our main meal. Nice meal prawns and lamb casserole for me onion soup and steak for the girls. Then off home to chill. Watching corrie and the apprentice followed by the bafta film awards. I will read the observer I think.

No comments: