Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thursday in the monk.

I am hopping because I wrote a post and thought I had saved it in draft. But coz of the cacky blackberry interface and my own stupidity I must have deleted it. Fool. Btw there appears to be a new blackberry on the market no doubt arfur mullards eldest (the vodafone man). I used to liase with will be peddling them. We were short of ideas for a lunch venue. Ally had scooted to glasgow with colin and hannah. The oaktree was a no no, the crannarch apossibilty. Then fiona texted and reminded us of the hungry monk at gartocharn. So we were off. It looked positively seedy but delivered lots more than it promised. Totally no smoking and a huge lunch menu with too many choices. I have kromeski and jean goes for shrimp and crab cocktail. Mains - jean has mince and tatties and I have liver and onions. Top stuff we think about coming back tomorrow.
Home jean has a kip and I take the road to rowardden. Seedy looking hotel car park and youth hostel. I take some snaps of the loch. Tres bien. Back home and into the oak tree for a blog and a guinness. Lovely atmosphere ruined by 3 couples with 7 kids. Deep joy. Home chill girls and colin come home. Eat and oaktree.

No comments: