Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Monday Busy Busy

Started with an appointment to see my surgeon, 9 month follow up. Somehow end up in the wrong pile and see the junior, have I been dissed. Telephone and email apology which arrive later reveal not. Wonder why I go though - bloods taken met a lady who was at the support group. Them meet John geezer who is famous in Weight Loss Surgery world. Total respect.
Back to work, full day. Met new nurse in Marchworks, cardiobetes nurse. Huh neologism or what. I know your sister she says, oh our Mary (best said in Scouse accent), no your Kathy. Small wome with a dog, thats my 73 year old mother I say, doh not happy. I have moved desks over to the west wing of the building. Stillpartmered with Caroline and Clare but have joined Angela a quiet but acutely funny project who is up to no good in West Speke. THere is loads to do and I end up staying till 6.15, few good chats along the way Maurice a GP who is big in Clinical Governance, and also the LIverpool over 40 Jewish Tennis Champion . A fact of which he is very proud.
Call at mothers on way home she looks a bit brighter but has been upchucking. Off to gym walk a mile in 19 minutes, you athletes may not be impressed but I am well pleased. Do a couple of exercises and decide I have done enough. Get weighed and dissapointed to see I have gained three pound since 19/05 but what the hell. Get home and eat, fail to make two calls then off for three pints of real ale with the irrepressible Gordon. A man whose company is as good as any tonic.Sleep well with a smile on my face

No comments: