Saturday, June 07, 2003

Friday is that the sky falling in

Loads more gubbins to sort on wlsinfo the schism seems to be getting worse wonder if the community thats developed will be rent asunder. Spend a morning firefighting and trying to sort stuff miss the gym and stress levels increase. Its a day off but I field a few work things. I don't think there is much malice in the stuff on the site just a lot of stuff going on where needy people are doing things that they haven't thought through and several people start reacting to the pecieved threat. Feel pleased that Mick isnt around he and I can wind each other up and we would be polishing up the tomahawks now if he was here decide to take some time out.
Jean and I go off to town and find our way into the Anglican cathedral a find old gaff which was only finished a few years ago. Jeans dad did some work on the roof where now peregrine falcons live. I sit in the quiet and contemplate and offer some prayers. I need some guidance and it seems an appropriate place to do it, worried about weight loss Mick and the site generally and the health of those around me. Feeling better we split to the bookshop which seems to be like a shop in any tourist place buy a couple of books and some small gifts. Cant resist some cheesy coasters with the meanings of our names on - buy one each for Ally Jean and me. Ken - the diplomat brother in law later suggest glueing to my forehead to remind people. Have a defining moment on the way out when I exit through a side passage which we both think I wouldn't have been able fit in pre-op suddenly dawns that shape really has changed.
Off to the Other place in Hope street for lunch to use our BOGOF voucher. Jean orders sausage mash and gravy, wild brown trout and new spuds for me. Far too much and I ask the geezer to wrap the half of fish up for me and I have it for tea. Pop into cozzies new gaff to show my support for this top geezer.
The crap on wlsinfo continues to develop, storm clouds gather. Off to Frank the barbers, looking a bit straggly and need trim and counselling session. He aint there so spend a pleasant 15 minutes waiting whilst reading gems from the dalais little book of wisdom. I dont agree with it all but some good stuff none the less that helps me focus. Frank is on form as ever and I leave considerably lighter. Scalped to the bone and with my burdens laid down. I hope he doesn't trip over it in the shop. To be fair we don't talk about any of it but chatting to him seems to bring me up to the right spot.Driving to Nanny Banks' I wonder what I'll do when Frank retires....hmmmm.
Nanny Banks clealy my mum has had a hard time as she is locking the door and climbing into the car before I stop. Nanny has been giving her a hard time about the new chair. Which has decided is unsuitable. I think she really upsets me mam and that hurts me. I really dont know how to deal with that...answers on a postcard please. Mum has been interviewed by a girl from India in the street about which way she came? It take half the journey home to tease out whats going on. Some body was doing a survey in Nannys street to see where people had come from. I would have like to videod that poor interviewer. Presumably its the Ordnance survey trying to map the litter and dog muck for a city of culture heritage trail. Drop me off and get profound on wlsinfo - that helps. Go to Bea's for the friday night sess. It is Jeans brother Alans birthday. Paul leaves early for a meeting at Bridge chapel. We take Ruth to Tescos on Allerton road to meet him later. I see Heather fizzio terrorist (physio therapist) obergruppenfurher by the bananas shopping with her mum. She has been around for about as long as me, she used to be a superintendent but I think she is now the chiefconstable. She is a blog watcher and is based in a cupboard somewhere in the North, Netherfield Road if memory serves.
I continue my discussion with the cheese operative a new face this week, the graveyard shift there on a friday doesn't seem a cool gig. Home to be visited by Colin for further holiday planning, watch Johnny Ross with Cheese and wine.................nice.

No comments: