Sunday, January 11, 2004

Lazy Days

It must be catching Kieran aint blooged and I aint done much. Late afternoon muster up the courage for a sojourne to Tesco. is it some festival that I aint heard of. it is madness. Old Swan branch - no recycling facils there whats that about. We wander aimlessly like fools. What can we do. We are in a strange Tesco and several items are unavailable at least to us. We cant find nowt. We do however score some snax for the exit. Maple pecan danish for me - bad but as Jenny the dietitian says treats are part of a healthy balanced diet. Ally scores a T.Rex triple CD disk 1 is cool but the rest is far from mainstream. The girl askswho are T.Rex I had hoped for the the classic who are Trex, but alas. Ally regales me with a lengthy exposition on the social groupings in her peer group and their characteristics, townies, scalls, goths, and I am sure many others. Arrive home time to unpack and off to see me mum at Nannys - joy. Ally in tow. Explainint that we are off to the pictures. What you going to see "King of the Ring" she asks, its better than that boy with the glasses - I hate him - whats his name - Shitty Potter. Nanny on the other hands reas the papers and knows what LOTR is and what is about. In fact she wants to go. Sod that says me mum I aint sitting for three hours watching some crap about pixies.Ally gets affronted at this point. Call at Somerfield to tget the gear that we couldn't get at Tesco. Drop Ally and me mum at me mums and its home canneloni and out - Its Saturday and we are going out and it isnt even our anniversary. Return of the King was good the special effects were impressive, a good yarn , some rubbishy bits and some bits inevitably left out. Overall good value for 4.50 at the Allerton Odeon. We decline a bevvy at the New York and endup cooking chilli together at 11pm on a Saturday night - well the childs away - you gotta take advantage. Who says romance is dead.

No comments:

Off to Mums.

Cereal for breakfast, two hours working from home. Then it's two buses to mums. Pop into Tesco metro for a lighter choices prawn Mayo sa...