Sunday, January 09, 2005

Saturday busy at home

Starts with the clearing of the accumulated crap heap that was our patio into the back of the Zafira withs its patented Flex 7 which can move from people carrier to load carrier in 15 secs according to this gubbins takes me about 3-4 mins and a lot of tutting. And it dont mention the bits you have left over at the end of the process. So Ally into town me to tip then into Garston somerfield for their cheap chicken and a few other essentials. After lunch its the annual Christmas tree having fought before chrimbo and knakkered myself several times in the process. Its out of the house and has been blown by the gales. We wrestle that into the car, still full of last years pine needles and the sand from Brittany, the year before. Conclusive to me that pine needles prevent tidal erosion. Then back home and I apply myself to the woes of the WLSinfo forums a long search thro snitz leads me to the decision that we need to migrate from Access to MySQL. So I download Access Dump deep joy. Off it goes converting the access file into a MySql file 7 hours later and a lot of groans later it emerges.
Ouch now what do I do.
I aint got the time to learn how to do it.
In the mean time I write a 300 word commentary for an aricle snappily entitled
Bariatric Surgery for the Obese Diabetic Patient: The Effect on Diabetes and Important Psychological Considerations
for Practical Diabetes International - What? I prefer the sister publication - impractical diabets parochial?? Still its a gig.
I need to look up two references so I jump into aditus and find Title
Current status of bariatric surgery in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Source
Obesity reviews {Obes-Rev} 2004 Feb, VOL: 5 (1), P: 69-78, Refs: 69, ISSN: 1467-7881.
Author(s)
Pinkney-J, Kerrigan-D.

and

Pories WJ, Swanson MS, MacDonald KG, Long SB, Morris PG, Brown BM, Barakat HA, deRamon RA, Israel G, Dolezal JM and Dohm L. Who Would Have Thought It: An Operation Proves to be the Most Effective Therapy for Adult-Onset Diabetes Mellitus. Annals of Surgery 222(3):339-352, September 1995
Let the editor do the sorting I guess.
Then All brings smart home so we sit on the bed watching Everon beat Plymouth and laffing at the Mancs getting a draw.
Later I watch the trashy but escapist ultimate farce starring grant from eastenders.
Sleep in till 10.45 on Sunday must have needed it.

No comments: