Sunday, October 26, 2003

friday

Postman arrives with my Blogger Hoodie kewl
Start the day late witha 10o'clock about systems at Rathbone, slightly out of my depth but accompanied by a geezer from Audit things feel clearer. It finishes surprisingly early and its back home lasagne for dinner. Jean drops me at the Matchworks then a new GMS contract fest starts first with the main group back to back with informatics and quality outcomes subgroup. Sam is a star and relieved that she is on the ball and Paul J wants an early dart.
18 years ago I gave up travelling by the merseyrail train system. A bit like the underground it is a quick way of getting round Merseyside.
Most people will know how welcome the super obese are on mass transit systems and whole well they meet our needs.
Well yesterday I took the train from Garston to Moorfields in town. It didnt help that me mate had told me I would need to change, or that I was bricking it. I stood on the platform for 10 mins the train arrived, I sat on a normal seat, enjoyed the ride Nobody else on the trai seemed to realise how special and exciting this was. It was a privilege to travel on this very fine system they probably wondered why this guy was smiling. Merseyrail had missed the occaision and there was little evidence of the welcome back Ken Clare banners. Very little trumpet fanfares when I arrived for the first time in my life in Moorfields. I was open mouthed at the whole spectacle looking like an recent arrival from an underdeveloped country. The escalator was quite spooky too. I then was faced with a choice of exits, unknown to me I just chose right and exited the station I went down the ramp, forgetting I can do stairs now. I then walked the half a mile to the pub in the cold and enjoyed it. When i got there I wasn't sweating, or in pain.I didnt need to rush to sit down. I enjoyed a few Yorkshire terriers with an old friend and it felt kinda good - a bit special really. A search for Yorkshire Terrier turned up A blog fuelled by Beer kewl

No comments: