Wednesday, October 27, 2004

New carpark at the royal

2 quid but very impressive. Slick gaff cunningly snuck in on the old blakes site next to the olf fort which will forever be the old fart to me. Scene of many a sunday lunchtime orangejuice for me. They used to gice out free bangers and roasties so was popular with us psychiatric nurses across the road. The general staff werent allowed out or in in uniform.
The clinic was packed a seething mass of haemophiliacs and other associated iacs. You have yer blood done then then wait an hour and the results print out on a trusty dot matrix in the corner. you are then called in to see a doc to be told either you a) need more test or b) the scores are ok come back in a year.
Mums platelets were 250 normal low end = 140 mine are low at 90. So its by bye and see you in a year heres a card, and a blood form to bring back wih you in 12 months. How crap is that - I would have lost it before I left the hospital. But thats me - mum will just spend all year looking at it worrying. Bingo at the sacred heart isnt till 1.30 so I plan to dine her at Tesco Old Swan - bad news the caff is shut for upgrade - Upgrade my **** I want to eat. So we are off to sainsburys where I eat cicken a few chips and mum is happy. Then a quick whizz round the store score some cheap last day low fat high protein for freezing. Nice one.

No comments: