Saturday, August 28, 2004

Last meal at the oaktree

Well its that time, last night of the holiday stuff. Off to the oak tree(where else) courtesy of colin. Starts off bad the IPA is off again, so I indulge in a belhaven export. So round the table if memory serves
Hannah - garlic bread, cheeseburger and lemon cheesecake.
Ally - gaarlic mushrooms, scampi, peach and berry ice cream.
Jean chicken and parma salad, gammon and cloutie.
Me chicken and lemongrass soup, seabass in a galic and cream sauce, strawberry cheesecake.
Colin - soup and fish same as me but cloutie dumpling.
An excellent repast and very reasonable too. Back into the bar and the girls scoot home with colin. Then its back for a quiet drink. I think bruichladdich wins his whiskey vote, closely followed by isle of jura. Me I kinda miss it but its one of the few real things I have had to give up since my bypass. On balance the benefits far outweigh the negatives. I am even thinking of asking santa for walking boots for next christmas. What's all that about? Its time to go home, would have liked more time to explore hills and glens, lochs etc but probably need to return when ally is away interrailing. Jean and I both come from a history of camping so we appreciate this stuff far more than she does. Being an old fart helps too. On reflection next years holiday choice wil probably be the hardest, hmmmm we'll see. Still I have really enjoyed this scottish epic, from edinburgh, to paisley and on to loch lomond. So its home today, and see my mam. Too many emails and too many active topics(in joke for wlsinfo readers).

No comments: