Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Jeans day continued.

We head for St Cast-le-guildo. Jeans plan was lunch out beach and looking at the sea. We had been for a holiday there before, it was a nice town and well worth a revisit. Being Clares we took a whacky route. From la ville-es-nonais across the Rance on the old bridge. Via Plouer-sur-Rance, through Pleslin, Ploublay, then across to St Cast. We score a lucky parking space across from the gendarmarie office. We walk up into the town and checkout the restaurants. We find a nice terrace and sit out. Kir Breton is called kir armour here for some reason. Ally does mussels the best ever she said. She ordered the food eloquently to me. I am always in awe of brits who can do it and not sound a complete arse like me. Jean and I opt for set menu. Mine is the 21€ coquille st jacques themed jobbie. Starts off with like a little stew full of scallops followed by a scallop and prawn kebab. Jean has a fish soup with all the trimmings followed by a monkfish and prawn kebab. We do puds too ally and I have sorbets jean does an apple thing.
Then its off to the beach, where I bare my chest proudly. I chucle out loud a lot reading Jpod. That book rocks. After tanning we hit a bar for some cidre. I sit reading the girls go shopping. Then the three of us hit a little supermarket. Off to one of the other beaches down a bloody steep hill. Fascinating array of shells and shellfish gatherers.

No comments: