Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Monday

The day starts as usual at the PC with much thought and work about stuff. I become engrossed as ever in what the family now refer to as "Planet Obesity" I occasionally call in to Planet earth for a reality check. I lose track of time, PO has its own system and end up in a mad dash for my appt with The surgeon Mr K. I field phone calls in the dash up Queens drive, the delightful Rebecca a HR manager who does the site admin. I cant say where she works but when you ring her it says Good morning World ********* Council its impressive for sure I imagine it to be a top gaff somewhere like Geneva a bit like The Champions sorry I have come over weak. 1968 I was seven boy did I have the hots for alexander bastedo.
Anyway Walton Hospital is being knocked down, I arrive at OutPatients in the nick of time, to wait 30 mins which aint bad for the man. I get weighed by an embryonic Health Care Assistant who insists my name is Clare Kenneth. Look sonny its my name I know how to use it. I have taken to wearing my badge in there now. To no avail he is clearly illiterate. He weighs me on scales from the ark, he sees my desire to remove my jacket as an inconvenience too far. Though as he holds it he realises why. The satellite equipment alone weighs hundreds of pounds. A wait in the waiting area. I still instinctively sit in the fat guy seats (noarms) even though I surely fit in normal blokey section. I amuse myself fiddling with my Blackberry. Seriously though it costs 28 squid a month it enables me to send email from anywhere a boon. In to see the man. Spend an age talkin about matters WLS (Weight Loss Surgery Dearie). Nanoseconds talking about me, I manage to glean that even with their lousy equipment I have lost 77% of my excess body weight. I express concerns about diet and alcohol intake about which he makes the right noises. He sends me for a ruck of tests, where wrong name has now acquired a needle. I have no intention of letting a modern apprentice approach this regal man. His colleague an able lady who recognises me from the echo article sorts me. Off to Sainsburys across the road. Some top prawns, better than Tesco. Eat lunch with a delightful gang. Chased by a journo in the afternoon and refer her to my PR person Becky. Off home surprise Lasagne, off to see Jack, at the gym get weighed, going the right way and I aint bothered to be sure. I feel good. Sort exercise plan, 5k Wednesday, Saturday and next Wednesday. Go for it. Its tough but its a plan. Get home but the support group call guy I am meant to speaking to is working do park that. Website then relax.

No comments: