Saturday, August 02, 2003

Friday

Started at 3 am too early for me, picked Ruth and Paul up at 3.45 then off to Manchester. Worked at the PC then crawled backi nto our bed which already seemed full.
A fruitful day and i even find time for a bit of essay writing. Off to see Dr M at Speke, went ok back to the mtchworks via boots for some grub. Tony from the auditors in the afternoon top flight bloke. Sense of humour - Auditor thats two that I have met- yes Kim you are the other one. Friday night and its off to a secret party at the Tudor rooms. Dave a guy I work with has been in a war in the gulf. So bedecked in Union Jacks we're away. I found it difficult to square his going with my political beliefs. I wished him well and it appears that we are all celebrating his return which is something to give thanks for. He hasn't had a very good time but he don't make a fuss. I have a few pints of guinees with the mccoy man. Shock our wives by having our picture taken together, Jean calls him my greasy lover, a very derogatory term for a top geezer.

No comments: