Monday, August 26, 2002

The original plan was to keep the surgery secret, tell everyone it was a gall bladder ectomy and that the ten or so stone weight loss was an unexpected bonus. Frank, my long suffering and saintly GP counselled against this. He implied that the more observant of my friends may have already detected a thickening of my girth. He also said lying would make this all the more difficult and I think he was right. I decided to be quite discrete at first but when I got positive vibes I really got a buzz. Most people seem really pleased I am going for it. Now I am thinking I could raise money by having a sweep at work on how many pounds I lose before christmas. Oh by the way gave up booze yesterday, not becoming a teetotaller but thought an acute episode of dt's would impress no one in the hospital, so I chose to have them here instead. I've given up booze every year for lent so the first 40 days should be easy. Yesterday Emma from work got married and I really wanted to go, but chose to have a peaceful night with the family instead. A good decision.

No comments: