Thursday, August 29, 2002

In the Sefton Suite they do one of these bariatric ops a week. They therefore need access to some bigboy equipment. Lets consider wheelchairs the bog standard NHS issue is about 17" wide and suits up to 17 stone approx. No good for the big people so they buy in this chap I like the line "to fit the growing needs of the bariatric community". I never realised I was part of a community. 26" wide seatlooks like you could fit the walton sextuplets in it. Aintree has one similar, and when its requested I bet the porters are fighting over who has the pleasure of pushing it. Anyway I got in and went for a push round the busy outpatients at aintree in it. I bet a few people eat less that night. Several small children developed a fear of big men with beards. Only problem is that I have normal length arms on a bariatric body. 4" too short to self propell. So during my epic escape from x-ray I got up and pushed the thing, with the crutch riding in it.

No comments: