Sunday, October 30, 2005

The theatre

Home from the bonnie banks we trot back to the room. Combination of reading surfing snoozing is done. Wake Jean change and in our finery (well anew shirt) we are off to Di Maggios who serve us well. The pre theatre doesn't suit so we ski off piste (the family expression for going ala carte). Then its round the cormer on to hope street for the Theatre Royal. Ok so this shakespeare freaks me a bit. Will I get it ? Bit intimated to be honest, feared of lookig a buffoon. It seems most people do a shakespeare play for english lit. I did CSE which was sort of an NvQ for thpose not bright enough to do GCE exams. Mind you I have a photographic recollection of the mucky bits in cider with rosie. The play was complicated but funny clever and well worth the dosh. We had a great night. Will do some more of the bard me thinks. And so to bed.
Saturday we rise late (well the girls do u me up with lark at 8pm). We separate Ally of to frip moneuy jean and I wander down to the merchant city see the city hall. Then along past the posh shops with bouncers armani versace etc. Spy the museum of modern art with wellington on a horse with a traffic cone on his head. The square around is lilke covent garden but more me to be onest. Meet Ally by chance and then renegotiate our plan off to the mussell inn for a lunch. The girls opt for the lunch special moules frites/salade bread and a drink for 6.95 excellent value in my book. Me I opt for for a more expansive stiry fried noodle ginger pak choi gig topped by half a dozen king scallops. Bloody marvellous. Then its a taxi ride to gartnavel hospital along a very busy great western road. Greeted by fi and monica and along to the boardroom. A great bunch and a good meet. Then a lift from mike and kay to walkabout. A aussie sports bar pants beer but great craic. We had a few grog!
s then the party broke up. Jean and I eat fish and chips in Sauchiehall street (a fish supper). Back to the hotel.

No comments: