Thursday, October 27, 2005

Glasgae

We arrived after a wet journey north. Found tthe holiday inn express fairly painlessly and hit the mean streets. I found Sauchiehall Street a good place. We walked the length of it mooching in shops. Two things struck me - the number of "big" people and the number of smokers. I am completely unable to understand a word spoken by the people here. They speak so fast and I don't have time to receive process and respond. Its just like france I stare openmouthed at retailers.
We tramp the length and then it starts to rain and I mean pour. We head into Starbucks at the charing cross interchange. Its 5pm and the traffic seems gridlocked. Then its back along renfrew street after negotiating a bloody steep hill. I nip out for provisions to the Sainsbury equivalent of a metro store. Back to the hotel the girls get ready jean and I wait for ally in the bar. Then its next door to dimaggios pronto gaff. Jean and I start with chilli prawns and ally has good moules. Mains sees me with a seafood fusili, jean and ally have different sauces. Have to say the food was tops with a round of drinks and a bottle of house pinot grigio the bill comes in at a reasonable 60 notes. (Well 56 but I drop 4 notes tip). Service was crisp and cheerful food was piping hot and you could watch the boys cooking it. Back home and a good kip. Woke at 7.30 checked email bank account (been paid) but don't understand the amount. Girls woke down for a pants holiday inn express conti!
nental breakfast. Then hit the mean streets out onto west nile street left into Sauchiehall Street and then into the retail cathedral city that is the Buchanan Galleries. My car is parked somewhere here. The girls leave me and I find john lewis and get a suitable wallet. I then mooch before finding myself with a pot of classic twinings traditional English and a bottle of Highland spring still. Blogging for me then a mooch around the computer department and a few stores. Coolio.

No comments: