Saturday, April 10, 2004

Saturday Afternoon - serious stuff starts

Jean is off to Tesco so my computer fun continues. Jean returns and then its lunch and she and Ally are off to the Crem (Her Dad not my Nan or Dad). I fiddle on the PC and write my new biography for conference blurbs.
T|hen I set off for the gym The delightful team of Kath and George in situ. I seek advice from Kath regarding my 5k plans. Extend to 4k and aim for sub 10 minute kilometres. Last year I was aiming for 5k in an hour in the gym so I am doing better. The presence of Tony on the adjacent treadmill gives me encouragement and I jog along almost slipstreaming. Feel knakkered by the end, but good. 40 mins 4.1k that'll do me. I jib the rest of my cardio and do a bit more work on the top of my legs. Have a good chat with Tony who works in youth justice and he delivers some sound insight to deprivation in the Wirral. Most people think of delightful villages but some of it as socially deprived as Liverpool.
Pop into Mums on the way home she is in good form and has been to Crosby shopping with Mary. I go home via Somerfield and then its Chinese takeaway for tea.

No comments: