Sunday, April 01, 2007

Please put your underpants back on Mr Kenneth.

Let me explain, today I went for a barium meal. Primarily to check my pouch size staple line and emptying. I spent the morning nervously trying to avoid forgetting I was 'nil by mouth'. I went into work and set up the pvr for the cctv. Then there was a staff meeting. There was free butties and drinks. That was tough. Then off down to see margaret the silent sentinel who guards the reception desk at x-ray. Wait 15 mins and a radiographer shouts clare kenneth. Being used to this I ask her does she mean 'Kenneth Clare' she looks at me in a puzzled way. Not as puzzled as Clare Kenneth will look if I ever meet her.
Anyway get in that cubicle strip off including your pants and leave your shoes and socks on gown that fastens up bqack. I emerge with bare arse on view. 'You have taken your underpants off she says accussingly' yus I say sheeplishly. I nip back into the room. Nice lady though she clearly thinks I am a mad perve. She makes up a trolley of potions. Doc has an intersting talk trying to read what's on the form and me trying to explain my re-plumbing. He gives me b uscopan IV and then some powder followed by lemon juice. Don't burp he says after giving me a CO2 factory to swallow. Then its horrid barium lie back take pictures. In pops Mr Kerrigan who conveniently had a pp in the dept. Looks fine says he. Good job coz it looked crap to me. Off home she says don't worry if your stools are chalky and white and watch for constipation.
Bit of work only two patients then off home. Out for tea to Tavern for texd mex type thing then off to Beas.

No comments: