Sunday, February 27, 2005

Friday - hospital visit

Gym beckons, a little harder to motivate but I get there. Lunch is running late and I go to pick Jody and and Esme up to drop them at the hospital. Having a use when you feel useless is a bit of a lift. Jodys sister is there Barbara is there. I discover Jodie has two names like her husband (well he has four, John, Keith, JohnKeith and JK) five for the occaisional J i have heard dropped in.
Much mentioned as the main in my boilers life he is in dock a triple procedure involving tightening the stomach end of his BPD/DS, repairing the mother of all hernias and and ripping off some loose flesh.He was a big lad Jodie insists I go in to see him I dont feel surea) as I feel like an intruder and B) last time I was on ward 2 they whipped some of me bowel away.
To see a big hard man in obvious pain is tough but he is getting there. His humour shines through. Go home via Sainsbury and get something for tea, then off to Beas and Jean and I pick Jodie et al up.

No comments: