Sunday, October 14, 2007

WLSinfo AGM

East midlands airport thistle hotel. Get on down for the Agm. Went down after work on friday. Lots of seeing old friends and meeting new faces. though its a stress ful day its worth it. For some of the members its the first time that they have met other people who have had surgery. The tales of peoples lives their struggles and their journeys are humbling. To meet people who have been through the wildest roller coaster imaginable and emerge is exhiliarating. Some times I wonder why I am still involved in the charity. I spend a couple of hours at a meeting and I have no doubt. This is where I b elong and where I need to be.
I feel privelidged to have met these members and shared their journey. All goes well despite me forgetting the mains lead for my pc. Steve helps out. All goes to plan the business meeting is ok, I feel better when its done. I then facilitate a group for pre-ops which I really enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went so well, gutted not have been there!