Saturday, August 11, 2007

Last night meal.

Hit the same fish restaurant we did the other night. Justy missed the last two tables outside. What a bummer. I did the almost unheard of ordering the same meal. It was less of a challenge as we were given the english menu. Meal was good. Trotted back and turned in early for the early start. Woke before 9 for the first time in a week. Jean packed, I yawned and looked useless. Saw the landlords got the deposit back minus 14 euros for the towels (as per contract). In car and of to Tarragona. It was good. Lunch at a taverna where I ordered a shrimp omelette which had morphed to a bacon one when I got it. A load of germans came in and with teutonic efficiency made ordering the tapas in this half self service greek taverna look like a piece of piss. As ever I managed to fluff the language and look like a streak of piss. After lunch we scooted to a world heritage site of the circus and forums. Really good stuff. €2.40 to get in top VFM too. Wandered back down la rambla via two cafes. Into the bus station car park then off to find reus. Stopped for some diesel. Poohed myself as only pump available was 12. My spanish numbers stop at 2. So I filled up - €18 and squeezed some more in. Up to 20 walked in smiled and put a €20 note down on the counter. The lady smiled out of pity and bid me farewell. Found Reus abandoned car returned key and sat now in departures. Flight doesn't open for checking in for another 1hr 20. I am bored shitless. Jean says I can't get my laptop out. There are tatooed english ne'er do wells at large. They have their childrens names tatooed in elvish script on the inside of the forearm, a string of barbed wire on the biceps, mild or bitter over each nipple, five o'clock shadow and you should see the men.
The security guards here have night sticks too. One chap I just saw had a badge saying vigilante I which I hope isn't what it sounds like.
Just seen a big long line of happy holidaymakers from salou spat out of a bus and into a queue. The flight was moscow bound. The soviets are enjoying new freedoms indeed. Next to them are the swiss returning to geneva with huge toblerones. At the end of the line are the toon army heading back to teeside. The best bit of this holiday has been a lack of contact with the british. This airport is full of us. I can feel my tan fading. I have never slept on a plane without alcohol or prescription sedatives but today may be a first.

No comments: