Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Monday

Slept iin relatively later than I should. Jk arrived at 8.20 I was only just into my routine. We left for the midlands at about 9.20 after a natural break. M56, M6 off at spaghetti junction and an easy ride down nether brum. We found the woodlands crem and cem and then went to macdonalds. Then back to the crem, for Fayes funeral. Faye was a member on WLSinfo and deeply impressed many people by her willingness to appear on BBCs Fat Nation. I had spoken to her several times and she made a lasting impression on me. She dies 6 months after her op from something unrelated. Her passing has had a deep and lasting impression on the WLSinfo and I am struggling to find words to some it up.
The funeral is packed JK and I and four other members of the charity attend. Horses and glass carriage, I want that. Her husband Richard speaks at the funeral and the service is loverly, and feels positive at this time of loss. Then we are off to a club for a buffet and a post funeral wake. My sobriety bites hard though the promise of a blizzard on the M6 puts paid to any thoughts of booze. JK and I pay on respects to Richard before hitting the road. An easy journey back with a snack stop at Knutsford. Knakkered at night.

No comments: