Saturday, July 06, 2024

The plan is the first casualty of war.

Ok so I had resurrected my vintage blog to chart the highs and Lows of my repair to my vintage cerebral aneurysm (no 1). I read all the preop info. Lost some weight increased my physical activity and even did some COPD classes. I thought I was ready to go and up for it. The blurb said one or two nights in dock and 4-6 weeks off work. In my dreams. I confess in retrospect I was terrified. Particularly of having a stroke caused by the trauma and losing speech or thinking power.
Jean dropped me off at the front of the hospital advised not to rush away in case there wasn't a bed. Jefferson Day Ward came up trumps with a bed and a chair with my name on. I got changed into the kit. Was told to sit in the chair but opted for getting in to bed pulling covers and falling promptly to kip.
TBC

No comments:

Late nights and Early mornings.

The hospital has its own rhythm unfortunately I keep missing my place. So I was up at 6 and I am here waiting to see if I can get some of my...