Sunday, July 07, 2024

King Toast

I have blogged before about the role of toast in my nursing career and its pivotal role as the staple snack in NHS. A child of the sixties I was exposed to many bread promoting advertising campaigns. One of them "six slices a day is the well balanced way" has stuck with me. Nobody mentioned the lathering of butter that I have often applied. The catchphrase was promoted by British and Irish millers to try to halt the decline in white bread consumption. 1970-74.
Anyway toast is everywhere in the NHS and to borrow a rodent analogy you are never more than 6 feet ish from a means of making toast in the NHS.
I spent a lot of my student days making, eating or thinking of toast or related matters.

No comments:

Late nights and Early mornings.

The hospital has its own rhythm unfortunately I keep missing my place. So I was up at 6 and I am here waiting to see if I can get some of my...