Friday, March 23, 2007

What a week.

Two days in manc. Two days work e appointments, started a new course, a support group and a meeting a quiz and a curry club. Had a plan to do little today bit didn't realise I had to see the delightful Yvonne Bennett. She is my case manager in the condition mismanagement programme.
So the conference thoughts.
Introduction session from Louise and session from Basil Ammorri only two I attended. Exhibiting was good and I have plenty to do following up leads. The tv show - seemed a good first programme. Certainly caused a reaction on the website and among family and friends. Everyones talking. To top it all desperate dieters getting repeated on discovery home and leisure. 2pm weekdays I am in ep 2 today - I think. Got a new jacket from mand s which the girls say is very like the existing suit. Need some new pants and chinos and some casual shoes.
Wednesday saw the first session of managing the way forward. A conditon mismanagement module chaired by a terminally cheerful but non the less pleasant geezer. Interesting session held in the central library a delightful building erected in 1859. I plan exploring its delights next week after the session. Also on my list for future sessions are the walker and the museums.
Some flak on the forums as to whether we should be involved with the media. My view is get the message out as long as it is done responsibly. My evidence base is that a friend got the op this week on the nhs after a long wait. Her and her daughter saw me in the echo one night.
Website closed for essential upgrade friday thro sunday. Desperate dieters repeated again on discovery health.

No comments: