Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gravitas last day of term

I get on the road at some unearthly hour. Pick Jayne up in Mossley Hill then off to Crosby for Jayne. Fart about the office most of the morning. See three post oppers who are doing really well. Reminds me how lucky I am to have a satisfying job. Off to Ruthin for our team meet. Followed by drinks and then a meal at the manorhaus. Excellent place. To start I had pigeon breasts on some beans. Others had goats cheese and onion tart, soup, pate, fishcake and a couple of others. Main was a breast of duck on parsley mash and red cabbage. Others had bambi turkey lamb monkfish nobody seemed to have veggie. My pud was a mix of welsh cheese I ate the blue one ( that's a first) and a mince pie. Conor was there though he snook off without saying tara. He admitted reading the blog too. He missed the potato game. Shame. Home via loggerheads at -5degrees. Very tired.
------------------

1 comment:

Conor said...

i tried to say goodbye but everyone was deep in conversation.
And look- I do read your blog!!
Hope you kept up your winning streak in the potato game Ken
But did you get Delmonico potatoes?

PS That will be my ace in the hole, please don't use it next time we play